Lately there has been a flurry of vitriol directed at this blog post here. This man had the audacity to suggest that women are different from men (oh my!) and that parents should not assume that every daughter should be sent to college. To back up this attempt to encourage parents to be thoughtful rather than to be automatons he provides "8 Reasons to NOT Send Your Daughter to College."
In the dozens of comments I've read from professing believers, I have yet to read even one that addresses the truth of any of his points. There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth, to be sure, but no displays of logic or attempts at argumentation.
In the interest of being illustrative, I shall create my own list and then use the comment section to repeat some of the silliness being passed off as legitimate criticism of the notion that a woman ought not necessarily attend college.
8 Reasons to NOT Send Your Daughter to be a Stripper
1. She will attract the wrong types of men.
2. She will be in a near occasion of sin.
3. She will not learn to be a wife and mother.
4. The cost of her dance lessons will be difficult to recoup.
5. You don't have to prove anything to the world.
6. It could be a near occasion of sin for the parents.
7. She will regret it.
8. It could interfere with a religious vocation.
Arranged Marriage: a daughter's perspective - It's a good thing we've been waiting a year on this perspective. I think it gives time for the daughter to really come to terms with what happened and wha...
8 months ago